These healthed-up cookies will satisfy your cravings without expanding your waistline.
Sometimes you want to be fit and shredded more than anything else. And sometimes you want cookies. All the cookies. Well, these can fill the gap.
We've lowered the calories a bit by removing most of the sugar and fat. And each cookie has 7 grams of satiating protein. They're moist, chocolaty, and will satisfy any cookie craving.
The 20-Minute Recipe
- 1 Cup Bob’s Red Mill low-carb baking mix
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup vanilla Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1/3 Cup Splenda (the kind made for baking that's equal to sugar, cup for cup)
- 4 Tablespoons PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 1 Cup apple sauce
- 4 Egg whites
- 1/3 Cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional: Walden Farms chocolate sauce (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, Metabolic Drive, and PB2. Mix well.
- Stir in apple sauce and egg whites. Once everything is combined and looking like a smooth batter, mix in those chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or small ice cream scooper to drop the dough onto the baking sheet. You should get about 12 cookies.
- Pop them into the oven for 13 minutes and indulge.
- Calories per cookie: 101
- Protein: 10 grams
- Fat: 2.5 grams
- Carbs: 7.5 grams