A high protein, no-sugar-added dessert that'll fire up the gain train and kill your cravings for junky desserts. Get the recipe here.
This recipe makes one mini-cake, which is actually a generous serving for two people who lift a lot and eat a lot. Before you start, pick a pan:
- Use a 6-10 inch (small) cake pan if you have one. The smaller the pan, the taller the mini-cake will be.
- If you use a cake pan that's 12 inches or more, double the recipe.
- For a layered cake (pictured), double the recipe and divide it evenly among two 6-10 inch circular cake pans.
- Do not double the recipe and then bake it ALL in one pan that's under 10 inches. You'll end up with a giant mess in the oven.
- 3 scoops Metabolic Drive® Chocolate
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- A splash of vanilla extract
- Optional ingredients: chopped nuts, dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the bananas thoroughly, then add all other ingredients and stir.
- Get your cake pan ready. If you don't use non-stick baking spray, another option is to coat the pan with butter or coconut oil, then dust it evenly with protein powder.
- Pour the batter in the pan evenly and bake for about 18-20 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. Stab the cake and if the 'pick comes out clean, it's ready. If there's any trace of batter on the toothpick, put it back in the oven a few more minutes. Bake time will depend on your elevation, your oven, and the size of your pan, so keep an eye on it.
Note: A wider pan will make the bake time faster because the batter is spread thinner. The higher up in the pan the batter is, the longer the bake time.
- 1/4 cup kefir
- 2 scoops Metabolic Drive® Vanilla
- Optional ingredients: cinnamon, chocolate chips, chopped nuts
- Mix the kefir and protein powder. It will look too dry at first, but keep mixing. Metabolic Drive will turn the kefir into a silky smooth icing-like cream. If it turns into a dry chalky mess, it's because you're not using Metabolic Drive.
- Once you've mixed it thoroughly, taste. Add a bit more protein powder if you want it thicker and sweeter; more kefir if you want it thinner and more tart.
- Let the cake cool, then drizzle the drizzle on it. Add dark chocolate chips and cinnamon to the top to make it pretty.
- If you're doing a layered cake, double the drizzle recipe because you'll need enough to go between each layer as well as on top of it.
Note: Use the drizzle for everything: a fruit dip, icing for protein cookies, or sprinkle chopped nuts in and eat it with a spoon.