Fuel up and take on the day. Make a batch of these apple spice cookies. Get the easy recipe here.
Pre-workout, post-workout, or any damn time you feel like it, these healthed-up cookies are extremely filling and packed with muscle-building protein and workout-fueling healthy carbs. They're great right out of the oven and even better right out of the fridge.
- 1 Cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Scoops (60g) vanilla Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup Splenda (or equivalent sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- As much cinnamon and powdered ginger as you'd like
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl (because without a bowl this would be very messy).
- Using a cookie scooper, medium ice cream scoop, or just a spoon, place 5-8 mounds of dough onto the sheet pan.
- Bake for around 18-22 minutes. If you stick your finger in one and it feels too soft to pick up, it's not ready yet. If it looks like a charcoal briquette, it was ready an hour ago and you need adult supervision in the kitchen.
Calories & Macros
The whole batch contains:
- 660 calories
- 52g protein
- 90g carbs
- 8g fat
We could break that into smaller sizes, but we both know you're going to eat them all in one sitting. If not, you can handle the basic division.
This recipe was tested with a premium protein blend – Metabolic Drive® Protein. If you use a discount whey-only powder that you bought at a store that also sells tampons, then don't expect deliciousness.