It tastes like dessert for breakfast. And you can eat it with your fingers. So why the heck wouldn't you?
Need a grab-and-go snack? Yes, you do. These are light, airy, and have more protein than your average sugar-loaded muffin. One has about 8 grams, just over 1 gram of fat, and 8 carbs. This means you could probably have a few... you'll want to at least. Plus, they're sugar free, so you won't get that need-to-nap feeling after eating them.
The ratio between cocoa powder to apple sauce is key in this, so be sure to measure the ingredients carefully. If you do, your muffins will be moist and chocolatey.
Let's do this.
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup Splenda (the kind you get in the baking aisle in a bag)
- 1-1/2 cups Metabolic Drive® Protein chocolate
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Either line a muffin tin for 15 muffins or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, Splenda, protein powder, and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine apple sauce, egg whites, and almond milk. Whisk together and add it into your dry mix. Combining all ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips, and scoop a heaping tablespoon into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Allow them to cool completely before serving; those dark chocolate chips get mighty hot. Enjoy!