Anyone can make this healthed-up, macro-friendly dessert. No chef skills required.
These banana bread "bites" are foolproof. They're also more physique-friendly than the banana bread you see at the counter at your local coffee shop. This recipe is designed to keep preparation and baking time to a minimum without sacrificing taste and texture.
That's not even the best news though. These are made with simple, healthy ingredients you'll probably already have in your kitchen. They're lower sugar, higher fiber, gluten free, and powered by Metabolic Drive® Protein.
- 8 Ounces (220g) rolled oats
- 2.5 Scoops (75g) vanilla Metabolic Drive® Protein. (chocolate will also work)
- 1/3 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 Medium eggs
- 2 Large ripe bananas
- 1/3 Cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder!)
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: Half a cup of mix-ins like chopped nuts, chocolate chips, seeds, dried fruit, or fresh banana slices.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit (180 Celsius). Prepare a 12x8 baking tray with baking/parchment paper. A brownie tin with dividers can also come in useful here.
- In a blender or food processor, blitz the oats to a fine oat four. Alternatively, you can use pre-bought oat flour.
- Pour the oat flour in a large mixing bowl, then add in the rest of the dry ingredients: Metabolic Drive® Protein, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix together the wet ingredients using a blender or food processor: olive oil, honey, bananas, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mix into the bowl with the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Fold in any extras such as chopped banana, nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever you fancy. Bear in mind, these will change the macros.
- Pour the mix into the tray. Add further toppings for extra social media likes and follows (essential!)
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes on the top shelf of the oven. Once done, a toothpick should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs. If you prefer to bake this in a loaf tin, then aim for 325 Fahrenheit (165 Celsius) for around 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes in the tray before taking out to slice. Enjoy on its own or as a vehicle for your favorite toppings.
Macros Per Square (Makes 18)
- Calories: 142
- Carbs: 19 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams