Use this easy recipe to whip up your own portable protein. No oven required.
Getting tired of spending hundreds of dollars trying to find (or make) the perfect protein bar? They're either too dry, too full of junk, too chalky, or too gross.
Problem solved. These protein bars are uh-mazing. They're super clean, crazy good, and packed with fiber and protein.
Metabolic Drive® Chocolate Protein Bars
- 2-1/2 Cups old fashioned oats
- 1 Cup chocolate Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 10 Pitted dates
- 1/2 Cup Walden Farms maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 20 Almonds
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Ounces dark chocolate chips
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Throw all of your ingredients into a food processor, except the chocolate chips.
- Get your dark chocolate chips ready by melting them in the microwave – a minute or two depending on your microwave. Pour the melted chocolate into the food processor.
- Turn on the food processor until everything looks blended. If it seems way too sticky to form into bars, add an additional tablespoon of almond milk. Blend/process again.
- Scoop everything into your baking dish. Then wet your fingers (so the mixture doesn't stick to them) and pack it down tight into the dish.
- Put them in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- Slice them into the size you want. Keep them stored in the freezer... if you don't eat them immediately.
- Option: To make them extra delicious, melt down some more dark chocolate or peanut butter and drizzle on top.