Raspberries and vanilla? High protein? No added sugar? Heck yeah. Eat this dessert without derailing your diet.
Confession: These were supposed to be cupcakes, but the ingredients turned it into more of a dense cake batter. Awesome mistake. This cake is so moist and so full of flavor that it's kind of hard to believe it's macro friendly.
Use frozen raspberries instead of fresh because they tend to keep their sweetness better once they're baked. Plus if you're baking these in winter then you won't have to worry about them being in season – they were picked at their peak and then frozen.
So don't fight your sweet tooth. Give it what it wants... without wrecking your diet.
- 1 Cup Bob's Red Mill low carb baking mix
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup Splenda (the kind made for baking that's equal to sugar, cup for cup)
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Scoops vanilla Metabolic Drive® Protein
- 1-1/3 Cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 Large egg whites
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1-1/2 Cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 6x6 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine baking mix, coconut flour, Splenda, protein powder, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix together until a thick batter forms.
- Spoon the batter into your baking dish and smooth it out. Bake for 22 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely. Cut it into 9 squares and serve it to your friends... or keep it for yourself. Your call.
- Calories per piece: 130
- Protein: 15 grams
- Carbs: 9 grams net
- Fat: 1.8 grams