We Only Make What We want to Take
"Flameout is one of the best fish oils on the market. I also received a damaged bottle in the mail(fish caps Melted in the bottle from a heat wave), and biotest stood behind their product and shipped me a new bottle ASAP. Great product and a great company."- Steven B. Verified Buyer
Flameout® Inflammation Scavenger contains the most potent and purest DHA and EPA triglycerides. These Omega-3 fatty acids are highly concentrated from fish oil, purified by molecular distillation, and stringently tested for PCBs, dioxins, mercury, and other heavy-metal contaminates. Flameout® fish oil is self-emulsifying, making it better absorbed and virtually odorless with no aftertaste. And it's double or triple the potency of most fish oil.*
Most Potent and Purest DHA and EPA Triglycerides*
Uptake in Muscle*
- Decreases natural systemic inflammation*
- Supports cardiovascular health*
- Decreases muscle soreness and pain from exercise*
- Boosts metabolic rate burning more fat*
- Increases insulin sensitivity*
- Boosts mood and promotes feelings of well-being*
- Supports lean mass and muscle gains*
- Switches the body to prefer burning fat over glycogen*
- Increases leptin decreasing appetite and cravings*
- Boosts cellular (mitochondrial) energy consumption*
Men Need A Better Fish Oil
Fatty acid supplements typically contain more EPA than DHA. Why? Because fish naturally contain more EPA than DHA. That's fine for females because the biosynthesis of DHA is a lot higher in women than it is in men.* DHA reduces triglycerides and blood pressure, and according to at least one study, increases HDL (the good cholesterol) by a whopping 29%. In contrast, EPA decreases HDL by 6.7%.*
The problem is men have a much higher risk of heart disease. Men also have lower amounts of DHA, despite eating the same amount of fatty acids as women. As such, men need more DHA than EPA.* Flameout® fish oil is still an excellent choice for women, but unlike other omega-3 supplements, it's formulated specifically for the physiology needs of men.*
250% More DHA
Flameout® fish oil contains 250% more DHA than EPA. Here are the amounts per dose:*
- DHA 2200 mg
- EPA 880 mg
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) stimulates fat burning, decreases fat storage, and reduces body fat when taken in sufficient amounts.* It also significantly reduces natural inflammation by inhibiting COX-2. Learn More
Omega-3 DHA-Rich Fish Oil
Omega-3 DHA-rich fish oil is an extra-potent blend of DHA, EPA, and CLA for improving cardiovascular health and reducing systemic inflammation.* The formula contains 250% more DHA. DHA has distinct advantages over EPA decreasing triglycerides and blood pressure and increasing HDL (the good cholesterol).* Learn More
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Ingredients: Molecularly distilled concentrated fish oil (triglyceride form from anchovy, sardine, Atlantic menhaden, skipjack tuna, yellowfin tuna, Alaska pollock), gelatin (bovine), glycerin (from palm oil), conjugated linoleic acid, water, polysorbate 80.
- Take four softgels per day with food.
Can I take all four softgels at once, or can I divide them up?
Taking the softgels with food is the important thing. Some users take one softgel with every meal and a snack, while others take all four at once, usually with their largest meal.
- Dilzer A et al. Implication of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in human health. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2012;52(6):488-513. doi: 10.1080/10408398.2010.501409.
- Baraldi FG et al. The combination of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and extra virgin olive oil increases mitochondrial and body metabolism and prevents CLA-associated insulin resistance and liver hypertrophy in C57Bl/6 mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2016 Feb;28:147-54. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2015.10.008. Epub 2015 Nov 1.
- O'Shea M et al. Immunomodulatory properties of conjugated linoleic acid. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun;79(6 Suppl):1199S-1206S. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/79.6.1199S.
- de Educação Física FS et al. A review on effects of conjugated linoleic fatty acid (CLA) upon body composition and energetic metabolism. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015; 12: 36. Published online 2015 Sep 17. doi: 10.1186/s12970-015-0097-4
- House RL et al. Conjugated linoleic acid evokes de-lipidation through the regulation of genes controlling lipid metabolism in adipose and liver tissue. Obes Rev. 2005 Aug;6(3):247-58. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2005.00198.x.
- Aro A et al. Inverse Association between Dietary and Serum Conjugated Linoleic Acid and Risk of Breast Cancer in Postmenopausal Women. Nutr Cancer. 2000;38(2):151-7.
- Belury M. Dietary conjugated linoleic acid in health: Physiological effects and mechanisms of action. Annu Rev Nutr. 2002;22:505-31.
- Bhattacharya A et al. Conjugated linoleic acid and chromium lower body weight and visceral fat mass in high-fat-diet-fed mice. Lipids. 2006 May;41(5):437-44.
- Bhattacharya A et al. The combination of dietary conjugated linoleic acid and treadmill exercise lowers gain in body fat mass and enhances lean body mass in high fat-fed male Balb/C mice. J Nutr. 2005 May;135(5):1124-30.
- Brown J et al. Isomer-specific regulation of metabolism and PPARgamma signaling by CLA in human preadipocytes. J Lipid Res. 2003 Jul;44(7):1287-300.
- Dhiman TR et al. Conjugated linoleic acid content of milk from cows fed different diets. J Dairy Sci. 1999;82(10):2146-56.
- Diaz ML et al. Chromium picolinate and conjugated linoleic acid do not synergistically influence diet- and exercise-induced changes in body composition and health indexes in overweight women. J Nutr Biochem. 2008 Jan;19(1):61-8.
- Esliger D et al.
The Effects of Conjugated Linoleic Acid Supplementation during Resistance Training.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Feb;38(2):339-48.
- Granlund L et al. Trans10, cis12-conjugated linoleic acid prevents triacylglycerol accumulation in adipocytes by acting as a PPARgamma modulator. J Lipid Res. 2003 Aug;44(8):1441-52.
- Ide T. Interaction of fish oil and conjugated linoleic acid in affecting hepatic activity of lipogenic enzymes and gene expression in liver and adipose tissue. Diabetes. 2005 Feb;54(2):412-23.
- Kreider RB et al. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid supplementation during resistance training on body composition, bone density, strength, and selected hematological markers. J Strength Cond Res. 2002 Aug;16(3):325-34.
- Lowery L et al. Conjugated linoleic acid enhances muscle size and strength gains in novice bodybuilders. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1998;230(5):S182.
- Lowery L et al. Effects of conjugated linoleic acid on body composition and strength in novice male bodybuilders. International Conference on Weight Lifting and Strength Training Conference Book (Ed. Keijo Hakkinen): Nov. 10-12, 1998 Lahti, Finland pp. 241-242.
- Lowery L et al. Effects of Conjugated Linoleic Acid on the Physiologic Consequences of a Downhill Run. First International Conference on Conjugated Linoleic Acid. June 10-13, 2001; Aalesund, Norway.
- Macaluso F et al, Effect of conjugated linoleic acid on testosterone levels in vitro and in vivo after an acute bout of resistance exercise. J Strength Cond Res. 2012 Jun;26(6):1667-74.
- MacRedmond R et al. Conjugated linoleic acid improves airway hyper-reactivity in overweight mild asthmatics. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010 Jul;40(7):1071-8.
- Moloney F et al. Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation, insulin sensitivity, and lipoprotein metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004 Oct;80(4):887-95.
- Mougios V et al. Effect of supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid on human serum lipids and body fat. J Nutr Biochem. 2001;12(10):585-594.
- Pariza M et al. The biologically active isomers of conjugated linoleic acid. Prog Lipid Res. 2001 Jul;40(4):283-98.
- Ponnampalam EN et al. Effect of feeding systems on omega-3 fatty acids, conjugated linoleic acid and trans fatty acids in Australian beef cuts: potential impact on human health. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006;15(1):21-9.
- Pritchard J et al. Plasma adrenal, gonadal, and conjugated steroids before and after long-term overfeeding in identical twins. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Sep;83(9):3277-3284.
- Risérus U et al. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduced abdominal adipose tissue in obese middle-aged men with signs of the metabolic syndrome: A randomised controlled trial. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2001 Aug;25(8):1129-35.
- Turpeinen AM et al. Bioconversion of vaccenic acid to conjugated linoleic acid in humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002;76(3):504-510.
- Wang Y et al.
Conjugated linoleic acid and obesity control: efficacy and mechanisms.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2004 Aug;28(8):941-55.
- Watras AC et al. The role of conjugated linoleic acid in reducing body fat and preventing holiday weight gain. Int J Obes (Lond). 2007 Mar;31(3):481-7.
- Barbadoro P et al. Fish oil supplementation reduces cortisol basal levels and perceived stress: A randomized, placebo-controlled trial in abstinent alcoholics. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2013 Jun;57(6):1110-4. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201200676.
- Tabbaa T et al. Docosahexaenoic acid, inflammation, and bacterial dysbiosis in relation to periodontal disease, inflammatory bowel disease, and the metabolic syndrome. Nutrients. 2013 Aug 19;5(8):3299-310. doi: 10.3390/nu5083299.
- Sarfarinejad MR. Effect of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation on semen profile and enzymatic anti-oxidant capacity of seminal plasma in infertile men with idiopathic oligoasthenoteratospermia: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised study. Andrologia. 2011 Feb;43(1):38-47. doi: 10.1111/j.1439-0272.2009.01013.x.
- Dyall SC. Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids and the brain: a review of the independent and shared effects of EPA, DPA and DHA. Front Aging Neurosci. 2015 Apr 21;7:52. doi: 10.3389/fnagi.2015.00052.
- Esmaeili V et al. Dietary fatty acids affect semen quality: a review. Andrology. 2015 May;3(3):450-61. doi: 10.1111/andr.12024.
- So J et al. EPA and DHA differentially modulate monocyte inflammatory response in subjects with chronic inflammation in part via plasma specialized pro-resolving lipid mediators: A randomized, double-blind, crossover study. Atherosclerosis. 2021 Jan;316:90-98. doi: 10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2020.11.018.
- Harris WS et al. Blood n-3 fatty acid levels and total and cause-specific mortality from 17 prospective studies. Nat Commun. 2021 Apr 22;12(1):2329. doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-22370-2.
- Burhani MD et al. Fish oil and depression: The skinny on fats. J Integr Neurosci. 2017;16(s1):S115-S124. doi: 10.3233/JIN-170072.
- Gertsik L et al. Omega-3 Fatty Acid Augmentation of Citalopram Treatment for Patients With Major Depressive Disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2012 Feb;32(1):61-4. doi: 10.1097/JCP.0b013e31823f3b5f.
- Jensen TK et al. Associations of fish oil supplement use with testicular function in young men. JAMA Netw Open. 2020 Jan 3;3(1):e1919462. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.19462.
- Mischoulon D et al. Omega-3 fatty acids for mood disorders. Harvard Health Publishing. August 03, 2018.
- Philpott JD et al. Applications of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation for sport performance. Res Sports Med. Apr-Jun 2019;27(2):219-237. doi: 10.1080/15438627.2018.1550401.
Plan to keep ordering
It’s difficult to assess how effective this product is yet. I’ve recently been diagnosed with some severe digestive bacteria imbalance that is most likely the culprit for all my inflammation and pain so once that it resolved I will be able to more accurately determine how this product is working. However… for the last 4 months I give my 9 year old golden retriever one dose a day and he is moving around much better and can manage longer walks! His stomach isn’t getting upset so I think I’ve finally found a solution for him after trying many other products.
most dha per dollar
i compared alot of fish oil omega 3 dha products to see who sells the most dha per dollar and was surprised to find it was biotest flameout with easily over one gram dha per dollar. where before this comparison the company i was gonna go with came out to only around 300mg per dollar so biotest it is ! on top of selling the most for the least i opted to subscribe and even thought it was already the best deal on the market i ended up paying even less for the most dha per serving and per dollar
Like it, especially the DHA dosage for men. Helps when needed.
Best fish oil
If you want the best fish oil this is it, not only the highest concentration plus it has the bonus fatty acids (CLA) not in other oils
I think it's working...
It seems to be working. Take 2 a day in the evenings and my joints feel better. No weird taste. Have blood work coming up and curious to see if it helps with cholesterol levels.
Best thing I’ve used to keep inflammation at bay. Body feels way better.
Flame out fits all my needs!
I highly recommend this product. It’s the only product that fits my needs. The ingredients was recommended by my doctor. Biotest, you fit the bill.
High quality fish oil
Honestly I wanted to try this fish oil because one it was on sale so I can at least try it a discount that way if I don't like it I'm not out the full price. But the thing that caught my eye was the sources of them fish oil. I've used many top name functional medicine brands fish oil like Metagenics, thorne, pure encapsulations and more. Any of those brands that offered a high dose of dha usually use calamari oil and it gave me fish burps. This stuff, flameout, very minimal, if any fish burps and I can leave it on the counter so I don't forget to take it. Similar products I've used in the past I had to keep refrigerated and I'd end up forgetting because out of sight out of mind. I'm also noticing improved mood which I wasn't expecting since what I've learned is that high epa intake is linked to better mood, not necessarily high dha. Either way, I'm liking what I'm seeing from this product and I'll keep taking it.
I’ve been using this product since it was introduced. This is one product and company I will use and continue to support for as long as I can. Can’t say enough positive things about them.
best price for dha
i multiplied dha mg per serving times servings per container then divided by cost per container and found i got the most DHA per dollar from Flameout ALSO its the only one ive seen that has a DHA amount per serving that is close to the amounts they use in studies other brands less DHA per dollar and not close to the amounts of dha used in the studies that show positive results
I love the Flame Out!
I love this Flame out better then any other Fish oil i have tried in the past. The BEST!!
Very Good. Helped lubricate my joints if you will.
Beat bar none!!
Used this fish oil since 2008!! Best on the market, literally makes joint pains vanish!
I have never taken a supplement where I notice a difference that extreme. I would always have sore knees and hips every single day. No longer. This fish oil is amazing
High quality supplement
Great for recovery from hard training and the health factor [ Longevity ] is massive.
Been taking this product for months and I definitely love this brand over all others. Great quality and no after fishy burps.
I've been using Biotest supps for over twenty years and while the prices are sometimes higher than most, the quality is always there. I pay the extra for piece of mind.
Only one that works!
Love flameout and the company. Thank you for always producing quality products at affordable prices