T NATION - We Only Make What We want to Take
Forskolin is one of the most researched natural ingredients showing the most significant benefits for burning fat and building muscle. The Carbolin 19® formula contains Biotest-invented forskolin carbonate with enhanced absorption and action duration. You absorb more, and it lasts longer, providing even greater fat-burning/muscle-building effects.*
Designer Herb Burns Fat & Boosts Testosterone*
Energy & Fat Loss*
& Testosterone (in men)*
& Strength Development*
- Increases TSH, which leads to an increase in metabolic rate*
- Increases HSL, which leads to triglycerides being released and burned as fat*
- Increases cyclase activity, which causes fat to be burned*
- Increases cAMP, which causes the Leydig cells to produce testosterone in men*
- Increases nitrogen retention, which causes an increase in muscle mass*
Forskolin increases intracellular cyclic AMP, which stimulates the secretion of thyroid hormone and testosterone (in men). In addition to increasing the thyroid's secretion of T3 and boosting testosterone, forskolin increases fat burning, breaks down triglycerides, stimulates protein synthesis in skeletal muscle, and activates thermogenic brown adipose tissue (BAT).*
NOTE: Biotest-invented forskolin carbonate is pure forskolin with enhanced absorption and 12-hour extended active life.* Carbolin 19® and Alpha Male® supplements contain forskolin carbonate. The Hot-Rox® formula contains forskolin extract combined with piperine to improve its bioavailability.* Learn More
Servings Size 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container 30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Forskolin Carbonate (From Coleus forskohlii) 40 mg†
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides), gelatin (bovine), glycerin (palm oil), carob extract, purified water, sunflower lecithin, yellow beeswax.
- Take one or two capsules in the morning and one or two capsules six hours later.
- Do not exceed four capsules in any 24-hour period.
Will Carbolin 19 lead to a failed drug test?
Forskolin carbonate is not on the WADA banned substances list.
- Godard MP et al. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. Obesity Research. August 2005. DOI: 10.1038/oby.2005.162. Objective: This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men. Research methods and procedure: Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks. Results: Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (P < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (P < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (P < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group. Discussion: Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.
- Scarpace PJ, Matheny M. Thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue with age: post-receptor activation by forskolin. Pflugers Arch. 1996 Jan;431(3):388-94. ABSTRACT: beta3-Adrenergic-stimulated thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue (BAT) is diminished with age. beta3-Adrenergic receptors are positively coupled to adenylyl cyclase in BAT. To determine whether thermo- genesis, in response to direct activation of adenylyl cyclase, is also impaired with age, we examined whole body oxygen consumption, mitochondrial guanosine diphosphate (GDP) binding and BAT mitochondrial uncoupling protein (UPC) mRNA levels in 4- and 24-month-old F-344 rats following forskolin administration. We also examined the forskolin-induced change in body temperature in 4-month-old rats. In some instances, the results were compared with administration of the specific beta3-adrenergic agonist, CGP-12177. Forskolin (3.5 mg/kg) increased oxygen consumption but decreased body temperature. In subsequent experiments the BAT was unilaterally denervated. In these rats, the forskolin-(1.8 mg/kg) stimulated increase in oxygen consumption was similar in young and old rats. Forskolin increased GDP binding and UCP mRNA levels in both the denervated and innervated BAT pads. The increases were equal or greater in the BAT from senescent rats. These findings, coupled with our previous report of an impaired CGP-12177-stimulated increase in GDP binding in senescent rats, suggests beta3-adrenergic-stimulated, but not post-receptor-stimulated, thermogenesis is diminished with age.
- Majeed M et al. Diterpene forskolin: A possible new compound for reduction of body weight by increasing lean body mass. Nutraceuticals, March/April 2002, pp. 6-7. ABSTRACT: Maintaining or increasing lean body mass should be one of the important considerations of any weight loss strategy for the following reasons: 1. increase in lean body mass is proportionate to an increase in the body’s thermogenic response to food and the basic metabolic rate (BMR); 2. food induced thermogenesis controls body weight by an increase in catabolism of body fat (thermogenesis is preferentially fueled by fatty acids derived from body fat and/or from food); and 3. enhanced thermogenesis contributes to a buildup of lean body mass. An extract of Coleus forskohlii root, Benth. (Fam. Labiatae) standardized for diterpene forskolin was tested in an open-field study for weight loss and lean body mass increase. The study’s hypothesis was based on the recognized role of diterpene forskolin as the plant derived compound which stimulates enzyme adenylate cyclase and subsequently cyclic AMP (3’5’adenosine monophosphate) (1,2). Cyclic AMP may release fatty acids from the adipose tissue depots which may result in enhanced thermogenesis (3), loss of body fat, and theoretically increased lean body mass. Six overweight, but otherwise healthy, women were selected for the trial. Each participant was informed about the purpose of the study and was asked to sign an informed consent before entering the study. Each participant was examined by a physician at the inception and after 4 and 8 weeks of the study. The body composition was determined by bioelectrical impedance analysis. The forskolin formula was prepared in the form of two piece hard shell capsules. Each capsule contained 250 mg of the extract standardized for 10% forskolin, and each bottle contained 60 capsules. Participants were instructed to take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening, half an hour before a meal. Each participant was asked to maintain their previous daily physical exercise habits and eating habits. In addition, physical activity was monitored based on a questionnaire before and during the trial. The study was performed in an outpatient bariatric clinic at Hilton Head, S.C. and supervised by a physician specializing in bariatric medicine for over 30 years. During the eight week trial the mean values for body weight, and fat content were significantly decreased, whereas lean body mass was significantly increased as compared to the baseline (Wilcoxon matched pairs test). Weight loss was statistically significant.
- Kamath. Efficacy and Safety of Forslean in Increasing Lean Body Mass. Department of Ayurvedic Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India, 2005.
- Tsugiyoshi. Clinical report on root extract of Perilla Plant (coleus forskohlii) in reducing body fat. Asanto Institute, Tokyo, Japan, 2001.
To early to tell at this point
Need more time
So far I feel the supplement is beneficial. At this time I’m attempting to both lose fat and increase muscle; not easy I know. With Carbon19 I have maintained my strength while also losing a few lbs. It has only been approximately 1month so I will need more time to create a more accurate assessment.
My eating habits are really good. I'm not always sure if supplements are doing what I expect them to do. This one does, I have more power and strength.
At this point, my assessment is Unkown.
Historically very positive. I have not started using this past purchase yet though.
Essential part of my supplement plan
I use Carbolin 19 daily. That, Alpha Male and Metabolic Drive are as automatic as my M-F workouts. As a 62 year old senior, I rely on Biotest to give me the edge I need to hang with the youngsters in the gym. If you aren't using Carbolin 19, you aren't maximizing your workouts.
works as advertised.
works as advertised.
You may also like
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.