The Most Researched Supplement Ever
Creatine monohydrate is the most studied sports supplement in existence. Creatine safely and effectively...
- Promotes muscle growth*
- Supports strength gains*
- Delays muscular fatigue*
- Enhances muscular energy*
While there are more expensive types of creatine on the market, no data convincingly shows that any form worked better than the original creatine monohydrate in micronized form.
Micronized creatine has a particle size that's 20 times smaller than regular creatine. That means it's absorbed faster and more completely. As a bonus, micronized creatine mixes easily into water, juice, workout drinks, or protein shakes.
What's the Best Way to Use Creatine?
The best way to "load" creatine is to take 5 grams four times a day for 5-7 days. Once you've loaded up, you only need to take 3 to 5 grams a day to maintain full capacity.
Alternately, you can forget about loading it and just take 3 to 5 grams a day for 28 days. Both methods work.
What's the Best Time to Take Creatine?
Creatine actually works through saturation and not timing. You don't have to take it immediately before or after your workout. As long as your muscles are filled with creatine, it'll be there to help with your workout regardless of when you take it.
What Do I Need to Do to Maximize Creatine's Effects?
Drink lots of water. The general rule is to drink half your body weight in ounces of water, so if you weigh 200 pounds, drink roughly 100 ounces of water a day.
How Fast Does It Work?
You should see or feel something in a few days. Most users will gain about 0.8 to 2.9 percent of bodyweight after the first few days of supplementation.
- Creatine is stored as phospho-creatine in muscle cells and it supplies an extra phosphate group to regenerate ATP during high-intensity muscle contractions.*
- Creatine can increase your capacity to do high-intensity anaerobic repetitive work by about 15%. That means on any given set, you should be able to do one to two more reps with extra weight.*
- In addition to increasing work capacity, creatine builds up muscles by raising the level of anabolic hormones (like IGF-1), lowers myostatin levels (elevated levels inhibit muscle growth), improves cell signaling of satellite cells (that help with repair and new muscle growth), and reduces protein breakdown.*
- Creatine can augment the effects of exercise on lowering blood sugar.*
- Recent research shows that creatine may also lower blood trigylcerides and increase exercise capacity in heart patients.*
- Creatine has been shown to have neuroprotective effects, and may possibly improve memory formation and retention.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.