T NATION - We Only Make What We want to Take
Hot-Rox® Extreme is the stubborn fat solution targeting the belly, hips, and thighs. The formula promotes lean-mass gains and boosts mood and sense of well-being. It's for those who want to lose fat quickly, keep their hard-earned muscle, and feel great doing it. It's like taking a happy pill that makes fat disappear and muscle reappear. The potentiated formula contains five potent researched-backed ingredients.*
Targets Fat Loss in the Belly, Hips, & Thighs*
& Energy Levels*
Shrinks Fat Cells in
Belly, Hips, & Thighs*
- Increases TSH, which leads to an increase in metabolic rate*
- Activates HSL, which leads to triglycerides being released and burned as fat*
- Increases cyclase activity, which causes fat to be burned*
- Targets fat loss in the belly, hips, and thighs*
- Boosts cyclic AMP and metabolism*
- Increases nitrogen retention increasing muscle mass*
Who Should Take Hot-Rox?
- Men and women with stubborn areas of fat around the belly, love handles, or lower body.*
- People who want to lose fat but retain lean muscle and keep their metabolisms burning hot.*
- Dieters who want to boost energy and mood.*
- Competitive bodybuilders and other physique athletes: figure, bikini, men's physique etc.*
Caffeine increases cyclic AMP and is well-known for its research-backed effects boosting energy and metabolism and potentiating other stimulants and fat-loss ingredients.* Learn More
Forskolin increases intracellular cyclic AMP, which stimulates the secretion of thyroid hormone and testosterone (in men). In addition to increasing the thyroid's secretion of T3 and boosting testosterone, forskolin increases fat burning, breaks down triglycerides, stimulates protein synthesis in skeletal muscle, and activates thermogenic brown adipose tissue (BAT).*
NOTE: Biotest-invented forskolin carbonate is pure forskolin with enhanced absorption and 12-hour extended active life.* Carbolin 19® and Alpha Male® supplements contain forskolin carbonate. The Hot-Rox® formula contains forskolin extract combined with piperine to improve its bioavailability.* Learn More
Piperine is in black pepper and is known for enhancing nutrient bioavailability and blocking white fat-cell formation.* Learn More
Raspberry ketone is in several fruits and uniquely stimulates lipolysis in white fat and the activity of fat-burning brown adipose tissue (BAT), boosting metabolism and burning fat.* Learn More
Yohimbine is an aphrodisiac, stimulant, and potent fat-burning agent, especially in the belly, hips, and thighs.* It's a potent alpha-2 adrenergic antagonist. Antagonizing (or blocking) these receptors, Yohimbine enhances fat loss in otherwise resistant areas of the belly, hips, and thighs.* Learn More
Servings Size 2 Capsules
Servings Per Container 50
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Natural Caffeine (from Coffea arabica beans) 300 mg†
Raspberry Ketones 300 mg†
Forskolin (from Coleus forskohlii root) 20 mg†
Yohimbine HCl 6 mg†
Piperine (from Piper nigrum fruit) 5 mg†
† Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Rice flour, hypromellose (vegetable capsule), rice hull concentrate, L-leucine.
WARNING: Do not take with any other caffeine or stimulant. Discontinue use if you experience nervousness, sleeplessness, or rapid heartbeat. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing, taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicine, or have any medical condition. Not recommended for individuals under the age of 18. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Take one or two capsules per day on an empty stomach with 8 oz of water.
- Don't exceed two capsules in any 24-hour period.
What's the difference between the previous formula and the new one?
The two formulas have the same per-capsule potency and produce the same effects. There are, however, these two minor structural differences:
- Dry-Powder Filled Instead of Gel Filled: The new capsules are dry-powder filled using rice flour, rice hull concentrate, and L-leucine as excipients. Whereas the previous capsules are filled using a gel carrier system. We switched to the dry fill because we haven't found a gel manufacturer with reasonable lead times and the skills and competency to meet our production standards.
- Forskolin Instead of Forskolin Carbonate: Biotest chose piperine-enhanced forskolin for the new formula because its shorter active life is a good match for caffeine and yohimbine, providing a more robust dose-response effect.
The previous label recommended taking one or two capsules two times per day. If both formulas are the same potency, why is the new recommended dose half of the old?
The current FDA labeling rules required us to cut the recommended dose in half. Otherwise, we'd have to increase the serving size to two capsules, which is too strong for some people. We recommend using the new formula the same as the old one.
I'm using other supplements that already contain forskolin carbonate. Can I take Hot-Rox which contains forskolin?
We don't recommend it. Adding more forskolin wouldn't improve results. All the ingredients in the Hot-Rox® formula are optimized for delivering the maximum effect.
- Schoenfeld B et al. Caffeine Supplementation for Powerlifting Competitions: An Evidence-Based Approach," Journal of Human Kinetics. volume 68/2019, 37-48.
- Nehlig A eta al. Caffeine and sports activity: a review. Int J Sports Med. 1994 Jul;15(5):215-23. doi: 10.1055/s-2007-1021049.
- Yokokawa T et al. Caffeine increases myoglobin expression via the cyclic AMP pathway in L6 myotubes. Physiol Rep. 2021 May;9(9):e14869. doi: 10.14814/phy2.14869.
Caffeine for the Sustainment of Mental Task Performance: Formulations for Military Operations.Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2001.
- Tabrizi R et al. The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2019;59(16):2688-2696.
- Ruiz-Moreno C et al. Caffeine increases whole-body fat oxidation during 1 h of cycling at Fatmax. Eur J Nutr. 2021 Jun;60(4):2077-2085.
- Costill DL et al. Effects of caffeine ingestion on metabolism and exercise performance. Med Sci Sports. Fall 1978;10(3):155-8.
- Godard MP et al. Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men. Obesity Research. August 2005. DOI: 10.1038/oby.2005.162. Objective: This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men. Research methods and procedure: Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks. Results: Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (P < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (P < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (P < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group. Discussion: Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.
- Scarpace PJ, Matheny M. Thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue with age: post-receptor activation by forskolin. Pflugers Arch. 1996 Jan;431(3):388-94. ABSTRACT: beta3-Adrenergic-stimulated thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue (BAT) is diminished with age. beta3-Adrenergic receptors are positively coupled to adenylyl cyclase in BAT. To determine whether thermo- genesis, in response to direct activation of adenylyl cyclase, is also impaired with age, we examined whole body oxygen consumption, mitochondrial guanosine diphosphate (GDP) binding and BAT mitochondrial uncoupling protein (UPC) mRNA levels in 4- and 24-month-old F-344 rats following forskolin administration. We also examined the forskolin-induced change in body temperature in 4-month-old rats. In some instances, the results were compared with administration of the specific beta3-adrenergic agonist, CGP-12177. Forskolin (3.5 mg/kg) increased oxygen consumption but decreased body temperature. In subsequent experiments the BAT was unilaterally denervated. In these rats, the forskolin-(1.8 mg/kg) stimulated increase in oxygen consumption was similar in young and old rats. Forskolin increased GDP binding and UCP mRNA levels in both the denervated and innervated BAT pads. The increases were equal or greater in the BAT from senescent rats. These findings, coupled with our previous report of an impaired CGP-12177-stimulated increase in GDP binding in senescent rats, suggests beta3-adrenergic-stimulated, but not post-receptor-stimulated, thermogenesis is diminished with age.
- Majeed M et al. Diterpene forskolin: A possible new compound for reduction of body weight by increasing lean body mass. Nutraceuticals, March/April 2002, pp. 6-7. ABSTRACT: Maintaining or increasing lean body mass should be one of the important considerations of any weight loss strategy for the following reasons: 1. increase in lean body mass is proportionate to an increase in the body’s thermogenic response to food and the basic metabolic rate (BMR); 2. food induced thermogenesis controls body weight by an increase in catabolism of body fat (thermogenesis is preferentially fueled by fatty acids derived from body fat and/or from food); and 3. enhanced thermogenesis contributes to a buildup of lean body mass. An extract of Coleus forskohlii root, Benth. (Fam. Labiatae) standardized for diterpene forskolin was tested in an open-field study for weight loss and lean body mass increase. The study’s hypothesis was based on the recognized role of diterpene forskolin as the plant derived compound which stimulates enzyme adenylate cyclase and subsequently cyclic AMP (3’5’adenosine monophosphate) (1,2). Cyclic AMP may release fatty acids from the adipose tissue depots which may result in enhanced thermogenesis (3), loss of body fat, and theoretically increased lean body mass. Six overweight, but otherwise healthy, women were selected for the trial. Each participant was informed about the purpose of the study and was asked to sign an informed consent before entering the study. Each participant was examined by a physician at the inception and after 4 and 8 weeks of the study. The body composition was determined by bioelectrical impedance analysis. The forskolin formula was prepared in the form of two piece hard shell capsules. Each capsule contained 250 mg of the extract standardized for 10% forskolin, and each bottle contained 60 capsules. Participants were instructed to take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening, half an hour before a meal. Each participant was asked to maintain their previous daily physical exercise habits and eating habits. In addition, physical activity was monitored based on a questionnaire before and during the trial. The study was performed in an outpatient bariatric clinic at Hilton Head, S.C. and supervised by a physician specializing in bariatric medicine for over 30 years. During the eight week trial the mean values for body weight, and fat content were significantly decreased, whereas lean body mass was significantly increased as compared to the baseline (Wilcoxon matched pairs test). Weight loss was statistically significant.
- Kamath. Efficacy and Safety of Forslean in Increasing Lean Body Mass. Department of Ayurvedic Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India, 2005.
- Tsugiyoshi. Clinical report on root extract of Perilla Plant (coleus forskohlii) in reducing body fat. Asanto Institute, Tokyo, Japan, 2001.
- Park UH et al. Piperine, a component of black pepper, inhibits adipogenesis by antagonizing PPARγ activity in 3T3-L1 cells. J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Apr 18;60(15):3853-60. doi: 10.1021/jf204514a. Epub 2012 Apr 6.
- Kim J et al. Piperine enhances carbohydrate/fat metabolism in skeletal muscle during acute exercise in mice. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2017; 14: 43. Published online 2017 Jul 4. doi: 10.1186/s12986-017-0194-2.
- Park KS. Raspberry ketone, a naturally occurring phenolic compound, inhibits adipogenic and lipogenic gene expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Pharm Biol 2015 Jun;53(6):870-5.
- Galitzky J et al. Alpha 2-antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers. Eur J Clin Invest. 1988 Dec;18(6):587-94.
- Lafontan m et al. Alpha-2 adrenoceptors in lipolysis: alpha 2 antagonists and lipid-mobilizing strategies. Am J Clin Nutr. 1992 Jan;55(1 Suppl):219S-227S. doi: 10.1093/ajcn/55.1.219s.
- Kucio C et al. Does yohimbine act as a slimming drug? Isr J Med Sci. 1991 Oct;27(10):550-6.
- Ostojic SM Yohimbine: The effects on body composition and exercise performance in soccer players. Res Sports Med. 2006, Oct-Dec;14(4):289-99.
Works just as good as well as the black & red capsules with 2 caps in the morning on empty stomach and 2 caps later in the day ( no later then 1 o'clock) on empty stomach as well (minimum 2 hours after the last meal) !
Yep…. It’s working really well for me!
Overall pretty good
I’ve taken hot rox for quite some time. I enjoy this product. However, since changing the caplets from the black and red to the clear, they don’t seem to be quite as effective. Plus when opening the bottle, it does not have that pleasant raspberry smell anymore.
Damn Good Product!
It’s legit with its benefits. If you’re patient enough, you’ll be shredded to the bone in no time. Really keeps my energy levels up and appetite controlled while being super lean. (I’m a 100m sprinter!)
You may also like
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.