"Solid product. Taste great and you stay full a long time."- Paul B. Verified Buyer
Metabolic Drive fat-burning protein is a unique blend of thermogenic micellar casein and fast-acting whey isolate, making it ideal for building muscle and losing fat. The best-selling formula also tastes so good that high-end food companies and smoothie bars use it to make their products. It's the "secret ingredient" for delivering a genuinely fortified gourmet experience that's impossible to get from solid foods alone. Metabolic Drive protein also provides a blend of the most technically advanced and highest-quality proteins, making it the ultimate muscle-building, performance-enhancing tasty nutrition. Contains no hidden fillers.*
A Better Life with Protein
MD Protein Pumpkin Pie
No added sugar, no wheat/gluten if you're avoiding that, and a punch of extra protein.
- 1 Can (15 oz) 100% pure pumpkin, not pie mix or filling
- 2 Large eggs
- 1.5 Cups plain, nonfat Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 1 cup vanilla Metabolic Drive Protein
- 1.5 Tablespoons McCormick pumpkin pie spice blend. Or make your own using hefty dashes of cinnamon plus a little ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
- 1/4th Cup Splenda or equivalent low-calorie sweetener of choice
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Finely crush the walnuts or give them a whirl in a food processor to make crumbs. This will be your “crust.” Sprinkle the crumbs evenly into an oven-safe pie dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Use a whisk and build your forearm strength.
- Pour the filling on top of your crust.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes until just set. The middle of the pie might look a little wobbly. That’s okay.
- Allow to cool then refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight. It will continue to set as it gets cold.
- Cut into 6 slices and, well, I’d suggest eating it at this point.
Add a handful of chopped walnuts to the loaf batter. This recipe should work with chocolate MD Protein too.
Calories & Macros
f you want to drop the calories even more, just skip the walnut crust. But keep in mind, the average pumpkin pie contains 3840 calories. This one, including the crust, has only 1338 total calories. I’d keep that omega-3 packed crust.
Here’s the macro breakdown per slice, assuming you carve it into 6 servings and can avoid wolfing down the whole darn thing:
- Calories 220
- Protein 25g
- Carbs 8g (fiber 3g)
- Fat 9g
The Fat-Burning Effects of Award-Winning Protein
Replacing a meal or two every day with a Metabolic Drive® shake will help shed excess fat without feeling deprived. Adding a couple of Metabolic Drive® shakes per day will also give your body the extra protein it needs to build muscle and perform at its best.*
Whether your goal is losing fat or gaining muscle, adding more protein to your diet will help get you closer to your goal. Here's why:
- Diets higher in specialized, lean protein lead to greater fat loss. One reason for this is because protein is filling. It satisfies hunger and naturally reduces calorie intake, making it an effective appetite suppressant. On top of that, it's difficult for your body to convert protein into body fat, even in very high amounts, which means you can eat a lot of lean protein, feel full and satisfied, and still lose fat.*
- Protein burns almost twice the calories digesting compared to carbohydrates and fats. Eating protein is thermogenic and can lead to a higher metabolic rate, which means greater fat loss when dieting and less fat gain when overfeeding to build muscle.*
- Without adequate protein, muscle building halts, strength gains are slow or nonexistent, and athletic performance is impaired.*
- Protein is essential for preserving muscle and sustaining metabolic rate. Without a steady supply of consumed protein, the body breaks down its muscle to meet its demand. A diet higher in protein prevents this loss.*
Micellar casein is an undenatured milk protein microfiltered to remove whey, fat, and carbohydrate. It's slow-digesting and the superior protein for sustaining protein synthesis, building muscle, and stimulating metabolism for losing fat.* Learn More
Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate is often used for peri-workout nutrition because it's a top source of fast-acting essential amino acids. It has most of the lactose (carbohydrate) and fat filtered out, making it ideal for jumpstarting protein synthesis and the body recomposition process.* Learn More
CHOCOLATE NUTRITION FACTS
Ingredients: WHey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate (Micellar Casein, Whey Protein), Natural Flavor, Cocoa (Alkalized), Sunflower oil Powder (High Linoleic Sunflower Seed oil, Tapioca Dextrin), Soy Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose.
VANILLA NUTRITION FACTS
Ingredients: WHey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate (Micellar Casein, Whey Protein), Natural Flavor, Sunflower oil Powder (High Linoleic Sunflower Seed oil, Tapioca Dextrin), Soy Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose.
Combine one or more scoops with water and mix thoroughly in a blender or shaker. Use the following guidelines for mixing:
|1 (30g)||22 g||8 oz|
|2 (60g)||44 g||16 oz|
|3 (90g)||66 g||24 oz|
- Boirie Y et al. Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1997 Dec 23;94(26):14930-5. doi: 10.1073/pnas.94.26.14930.
- Hayes A et al. Effect of whey protein isolate on strength, body composition and muscle hypertrophy during resistance training. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Jan;11(1):40-4. doi: 10.1097/MCO.0b013e3282f2a57d.
- Duarte NM et al. Intake of whey isolate supplement and muscle mass gains in young healthy adults when combined with resistance training: a blinded randomized clinical trial (pilot study). J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2020 Jan;60(1):75-84. doi: 10.23736/S0022-4707.19.09741-X. Epub 2019 Sep 23.
- Pal S et al. Effects of whey protein isolate on body composition, lipids, insulin and glucose in overweight and obese individuals. Br J Nutr. 2010 Sep;104(5):716-23. doi: 10.1017/S0007114510000991. Epub 2010 Apr 9.
Really good product. Thicker than others. No aftertaste. My go-to protein, when it is in stock.
Best protein available
I have been using it for over 20 years in several formulation tweaks. In my opinion, best protein available.
I have tried every protein powder under the Sun. Just gave MD a try not expecting much. It is hands down the best I have ever tasted! Mixes perfectly! And the ingredients are first class! Thank you Biotest!!
This product tastes great, works great and has been my go to protein since discovering it. I highly recommend it.
I have always enjoyed the taste and the effect of this product. When I use this formulation of protein I seem to recover a little faster and my body composition changes a bit. It could be my own bias but others seem to see the immediate changes to my physical appearance as well.
Great taste and ingredients
Love the taste, easy to mix and high quality ingredients. Terrific value for the money. I’m new to the product but it will be a regular subscription product going forward.
Just feel great after having a shake with Drive and your other recovery products
I have used this brand for years. I wish you would bring back Strawberry and Banana flavors. I need a variety. This is the only protein I can drink with just adding water.
Dependable Quality and Taste
My go to protein powder. Easily digested and tastes terrific.
This is the best
I put a scoop in a smoothie daily. I really like the consistency of the powder giving the smoothie a rich thick consistency. I've tried the competitors - nothing compares. Low sugar content and the vanilla flavor provides a nice sweetness without being overbearing.
Metabolic Drive is the foundation of everything I am doing for my training program. It's the one supplement I am never without.
Best I have ever experienced in my 35 years of weight lifting.
ABSOLUTE BEST PROTEIN SUPLEMENT ON THE MARKET
I have worked in the Sports Supplement Industry for over 20 years most of them being direct competitors of Biotest but I have yet to encounter a formula as excellent as this. On top of the unparalleled nutrition aspect, the not too sweet but robust flavors are spot on delicious.
Effective and yummy
Please bring back Strawberry
Worth the Wait
While I got a little impatient for the order to arrive, when it did I could not be happier with the product. Taste is excellent; mixes very well..........to quote someone you'll recognize........"Ah'll be bock...................."
Great Taste and Effective
Mixes well, taste is excellent and is good quality protein
Great product, I take it on training days before I go to bed with a glass of milk! Tastes wonderful and works very well for me~
Best subliminal protein on the market
Of 20+ years of using supplements to assist with fueling workouts; pre, during and post, BioTest has the market cornered! Metabolic Drive is unequivocally the greatest tasting as well as most beneficial protein supplement available.
This is the best powder I’ve ever had, easily mixed and digested-
Best mixing and tasting protein I have ever used.
I purchased Metabolic Drive because of the quality ingredients but found out it mixes and tastes better than any protein I have ever used (and i have used many). My favorite recipe is protein pancakes, 1 banana 1 egg and a scoop of metabolic Drive. Mix and cook like a regular pancake! DELICIOUS!