Only Elite Supplements for Elite Athletes
Enhancing athletic performance often focuses on the body while ignoring the brain. The trouble is, the brain controls everything, including muscle motor-unit recruitment. And if you augment brain chemistry, you can quickly activate more motor units, significantly increasing strength, speed, and power. The Power Drive® formula supplies the critical brain nutrients for ramping up athletic performance and boosting mood and cognition. Many coaches report seeing an immediate 8-12% strength and power increase from one Power Drive® dose. Of course, individual results will vary, but that's been the norm.*
Boosts Cognition, Motivation, & Mood*
Motivation, & Mood*
Recruitment & Strength*
- Boosts cognition, motivation, and mood*
- Increases muscle-fiber recruitment and strength*
- Provides a mental edge during work, school, and competitions*
- Heightens concentration and focus*
- Increases training intensity*
- Sustains higher energy levels*
Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) increases the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, improves mood and concentration, and promotes better sleep patterns.* Learn More
L-tyrosine is a naturally occurring amino acid used by the brain to make stimulatory neurotransmitters that improve memory, mood, focus, libido, coping ability, and sense of well-being. L-tyrosine supplementation leaves people feeling refreshed after training or manual labor by mitigating some of the short-term stress caused by intensive work.*
NOTE: N-acetyl-L-tyrosine is a more water-soluble form of the amino acid L-tyrosine* Spike Shooter®, Spike® Hardcore Energy, and Spike® Double Shot formulas contain N-acetyl-L-tyrosine. Power Drive® powder contains L-tyrosine. Learn More
Phosphatidylcholine, found naturally in eggs, stimulates new brain cell growth and supports overall brain health.* Learn More
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Other Ingredients: Citric acid, dextrose, rice-hull concentrate, sucralose, natural flavors, mono- and diglycerides, silica.
- Take one serving on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before training, participating in sports, or situations requiring intense, or focused concentration.
- Don't exceed two servings per day.
Does Power Drive contain caffeine?
The formula is caffeine-free.
How does Power Drive work?
The Power Drive® formula is a sweet-tasting orange-flavored powder that mixes easily in water. It increases the levels of stimulatory brain neurotransmitters by supplying the raw ingredients required to produce these catecholamines.
Who should use Power Drive?
Power Drive® doses will improve the performance of strength athletes, endurance athletes, and even the athletes who require extreme concentration like golfers. Business people and students benefit from it, too, as it amps up mental energy and drive.
Is the formula addictive?
Power Drive® doses will make you feel good, and if something makes you feel good, you'll probably want to use it again. However, none of the ingredients are known to cause physical addiction.
Does Power Drive have any potential negative side effects?
None of the ingredients have any known negative side effects.
Have any studies been done?
Yes, there are many published studies on the formula's ingredients. Check out the Research tab below for some of the most relevant references.
- Dimpfel W et al. Efficacy of dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) containing vitamin-mineral drug combination on EEG patterns in the presence of different emotional states. Eur J Med Res. 2003 May 30;8(5):183-91. ABSTRACT: The psychophysiological model of provoking different emotional states by watching film excerpts with various emotional contents was used to characterize drug action in 80 subjects (male/female=50%) with threshold emotional disturbance within a randomized, group-parallel, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Analyzing the brain's electrical reaction during presentation of 5 videoclips of 7 min duration followed by 3 minutes pause revealed a content specific representation of topographical frequency changes. This procedure was repeated after 6 and 12 weeks of daily intake of a vitamin-mineral drug combination containing dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) (Vitagerin Geistlich N) or placebo. Subjects taking the active drug for 3 months developed significant less theta and alpha1 power in sensomotoric areas of the cortex. The grade of change and statistical significance was dependend on the content of the excerpt, but the pattern of changes in general remained the same. Since decreases in theta and alpha1 electrical power have been associated with increased vigilance and attention, subjects taking the drug combination obviously were more active and felt better. - Analysis of the emotional change in mood profile as induced by the TV session was achieved by completing two different quenstionaires (POMS and Bf-S). Both scores revealed a better mood for the active drug group thus corroborating the results from EEG analysis. Therefore the vitamine-mineral drug combination containing DMAE can be interpreted to induce a psychophysiological state of better feeling of wellbeing on both levels of analysis mood and electrical pattern of brain activity in subjects suffering from borderline emotional disturbance.
- Danysz A et al. The influence of 2-dimethylaminethanol (DMAE) on the mental and physical efficiency in man. Act Nerv Super (Praha). 1967 Nov;9(4):417.
- Rugginenti A. Effects of dimethylaminoethanol acetyl glutamate on the attentive capacity of a group of soccer players. Arch Maragliano Patol Clin. 1974 Jul-Dec;30(2):189-98.
- Sabourin H et al. Dimethylaminoethanol and personality disorders of the young adult. Electro-clinical correlations. Ann Med Psychol (Paris). 1966 Apr;124(4):579-84.
- Boutillier H et al. Apropos of some cases of personality and behavior disorders in children treated by dimethylaminoethanol. Gaz med fr. 1963 oct 10;70:2929-33.
- Knobel M et al.2-Dimethylaminoethanol in behavior disorders of childhood. Sem Med. 1961 Sep 18;119:939-44.
- Owasoyo JO et al. Tyrosine and its potential use as a countermeasure to performance decrement in military sustained operations. Aviat Space Environ Med. 1992 May;63(5):364-9.
- Roelands B et al. The effects of acute dopamine reuptake inhibition on performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 May;40(5):879-85. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181659c4d.
- Shurtleff D et al. Tyrosine reverses cold-induced working memory deficit in humans. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1994 Apr;47(4):935-41. doi: 10.1016/0091-3057(94)90299-2.
- Struder HK et al. Influence of paroxetine, branched-chain amino acids and tyrosine on neuroendocrine system responses and fatigue in humans. Horm Metab Res. 1998 Apr;30(4):188-94. doi: 10.1055/s-2007-978864.
- Sutton EE et al. Ingestion of tyrosine: Effects on endurance, muscle strength, and anaerobic performance. Int. J. Sport Nutr. Exerc. Metab. 15:173– 185. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.15.2.173.
- Tumilty L et al. Oral tyrosine supplementation improves exercise capacity in the heat. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2011 Dec;111(12):2941-50. doi: 10.1007/s00421-011-1921-4.
- Attipoe S et al. Tyrosine for Mitigating Stress and Enhancing Performance in Healthy Adult Humans, a Rapid Evidence Assessment of the Literature. Mil Med. 2015 Jul;180(7):754-65. doi: 10.7205/MILMED-D-14-00594.
- Jongkees BJ et al. Effect of tyrosine supplementation on clinical and healthy populations under stress or cognitive demands--A review. J Psychiatr Res. 2015 Nov;70:50-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2015.08.014.
- Rasmussen DD et al.Effects of tyrosine and tryptophan ingestion on plasma catecholamine and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1983 Oct;57(4):760-3. doi: 10.1210/jcem-57-4-760.
- Chung SY et al. Administration of phosphatidylcholine increases brain acetylcholine concentration and improves memory in mice with dementia. J Nutr. 1995 Jun;125(6):1484-9. doi: 10.1093/jn/125.6.1484.
- Che H et al. Comparative study of the effects of phosphatidylcholine rich in DHA and EPA on Alzheimer's disease and the possible mechanisms in CHO-APP/PS1 cells and SAMP8 mice. Food Funct. 2018 Jan 24;9(1):643-654. doi: 10.1039/c7fo01342f.
I recently picked up a couple containers of Power Drive. I swapped my afternoon coffee for Power Drive as my pre-workout before I go to the gym. Huge difference in focus and intensity for me. The coffee would help perk me up a bit but Power Drive puts me into a whole different zone. Well worth the switch for me.
Seems like good stuff
I've used tyrosine and other supplements when cycling off stimulants to help with withdrawals and stay focused and driven during workouts. This has a few additional ingredients to help with that and seems to work. I was already 3 weeks out from cycling off when I tried this, so I can't say for sure that it sped my recovery, but I'll be switching to it much sooner next time.
Works as promised and even better!
I tried it sheerly for the mental boost. I had tried Mancha, extra coffee, etc throughout the day with no impact. But when I drank this, within minutes my brain sharpened and I could focus a lot better on the tasks at hand. Better than Ritalin and non harmful.
I’ve been using Power Drive for at least 3 or 4 years for my pre workout. Keeps me laser focused and moving fast between exercises without the jitters… add 1 scoop to my Workout Fuel and it’s game time every time!!
I have been taking this supplement since college and used it for my NFL pro day at FSU in 2009. I put up 18 reps on 225lb bench press weighing in at 174lbs. Great results!
Great product I have been using it forever !
Power Drive - noticeable difference
There’s nothing negative I can say about this product. I felt a difference in my energy level the first time I used it. I add one scoop to a water bottle full of water (and keep on filling it throughout the workout) and not only does it add a pleasant flavor to the water, I realized I felt less fatigue during the workout and, therefore, could do more and stay safe and focused. I’m very sensitive to any form of caffeine after noon, so this was a great find, since I experienced no jitters and no sleeplessness. I looked online to see if I could make it myself (yes you can) to save a few dollars but chose not to because of convenience and flavor. I currently enrolled in the 60-day subscription program so the cost of making it myself and Power Drive is essentially the same. I really like this product!