"Found this product at 7-11 about 2 years ago and purchased it all the time. Don't know why it's no longer available in store. I love it. It's like rocket fuel; it gives you a crazy boost. Blue is the best flavor; I've tried them all."- Casey J. Verified Buyer
Spike® Hardcore formulas deliver high-performance energy with zero sugar, zero carbs, and zero crash. All flavors are delicious, invigorating fan favorites with no artificial colors, providing the ultimate energy experience you have to feel to believe.*
Zero Sugar High-Performance Energy*
Boosts Energy, Mood
- Works fast*
- Contains zero sugars, zero carbs, zero artificial colors*
- Has awesome flavor*
- Boosts energy, mood, and motivation*
- Increases muscle power output and strength
- Decreases fatigue
- Increases muscular work capacity
- Improves aerobic capacity (peak oxygen uptake)
- Improves memory, concentration, and learning capacity*
- Supports brain and nerve function*
Beta-alanine is a natural amino acid that buffers the burning fatigue from high-intensity exercise and significantly increases the amount of work you can do. Beta-alanine also reduces mental stress.* Learn More
Caffeine increases cyclic AMP and is well-known for its research-backed effects boosting energy and metabolism and potentiating other stimulants and fat-loss ingredients.* Learn More
L-tyrosine is a naturally occurring amino acid used by the brain to make stimulatory neurotransmitters that improve memory, mood, focus, libido, coping ability, and sense of well-being. L-tyrosine supplementation leaves people feeling refreshed after training or manual labor by mitigating some of the short-term stress caused by intensive work.*
NOTE: N-acetyl-L-tyrosine is a more water-soluble form of the amino acid L-tyrosine* Spike Shooter®, Spike® Hardcore Energy, and Spike® Double Shot formulas contain N-acetyl-L-tyrosine. Power Drive® powder contains L-tyrosine. Learn More
Amount Per Serving
Ingredients: Carbonated water, citric acid, N-acetyl-L-tyrosine, beta-alanine, sodium citrate, natural flavors, caffeine, sucralose, sodium benzoate (protects flavor), methylcobalamin (vitamin B12).
CONTAINS 350 MG CAFFEINE PER CAN.
DO NOT EXCEED TWO CANS DAILY.
- Drink for a boost of sustained energy.*
- Don't exceed two cans daily.
Can I buy Spike Hardcore energy drink in stores?
Spike® energy drink is available at some convenient stores, mostly 7-Elevens. Call your favorite local store and ask them to start carrying the Spike® products. Stores really do listen to customers.
- Artioli GG et al. Role of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine and exercise performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010 Jun;42(6):1162-73.
- Derave W et al. Muscle carnosine metabolism and beta-alanine supplementation in relation to exercise and training. Sports Med. 2010 Mar 1;40(3):247-63. doi: 10.2165/11530310-000000000-00000.
- Donovan T et al. β-alanine improves punch force and frequency in amateur boxers during a simulated contest. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2012 Oct;22(5):331-7. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.22.5.331.
- Hoffman JR et al. β-Alanine supplementation and military performance. Amino Acids. 2015 Dec;47(12):2463-74. doi: 10.1007/s00726-015-2051-9. Epub 2015 Jul 24.
- Harris RC et al. The absorption of orally supplied beta-alanine and its effect on muscle carnosine synthesis in human vastus lateralis. Amino Acids. 2006 May;30(3):279-89.
- Stout JR et al. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue and ventilatory threshold in women. Amino Acids. 2007;32(3):381-6.
- Abe H. Role of histidine-related compounds as intracellular proton buffering constituents in vertebrate muscle. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2000 Jul;65(7):757-65.
- Suzuki Y et al. High level of skeletal muscle carnosine contributes to the latter half of exercise performance during 30-s maximal cycle ergometer sprinting. Jpn J Physiol. 2002 Apr;52(2):199-205.
- Derave W et al. Beta-Alanine supplementation augments muscle carnosine content and attenuates fatigue during repeated isokinetic contraction bouts in trained sprinters. J Appl Physiol. 2007 Nov;103(5):1736-43.
- Hill CA et al. Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity. Amino Acids. 2007 Feb;32(2):225-33.
- Schoenfeld B et al. Caffeine Supplementation for Powerlifting Competitions: An Evidence-Based Approach," Journal of Human Kinetics. volume 68/2019, 37-48.
- Nehlig A eta al. Caffeine and sports activity: a review. Int J Sports Med. 1994 Jul;15(5):215-23. doi: 10.1055/s-2007-1021049.
- Yokokawa T et al. Caffeine increases myoglobin expression via the cyclic AMP pathway in L6 myotubes. Physiol Rep. 2021 May;9(9):e14869. doi: 10.14814/phy2.14869.
Caffeine for the Sustainment of Mental Task Performance: Formulations for Military Operations.Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2001.
- Tabrizi R et al. The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2019;59(16):2688-2696.
- Ruiz-Moreno C et al. Caffeine increases whole-body fat oxidation during 1 h of cycling at Fatmax. Eur J Nutr. 2021 Jun;60(4):2077-2085.
- Costill DL et al. Effects of caffeine ingestion on metabolism and exercise performance. Med Sci Sports. Fall 1978;10(3):155-8.
- Owasoyo JO et al. Tyrosine and its potential use as a countermeasure to performance decrement in military sustained operations. Aviat Space Environ Med. 1992 May;63(5):364-9.
- Roelands B et al. The effects of acute dopamine reuptake inhibition on performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2008 May;40(5):879-85. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181659c4d.
- Shurtleff D et al. Tyrosine reverses cold-induced working memory deficit in humans. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1994 Apr;47(4):935-41. doi: 10.1016/0091-3057(94)90299-2.
- Struder HK et al. Influence of paroxetine, branched-chain amino acids and tyrosine on neuroendocrine system responses and fatigue in humans. Horm Metab Res. 1998 Apr;30(4):188-94. doi: 10.1055/s-2007-978864.
- Sutton EE et al. Ingestion of tyrosine: Effects on endurance, muscle strength, and anaerobic performance. Int. J. Sport Nutr. Exerc. Metab. 15:173– 185. doi: 10.1123/ijsnem.15.2.173.
- Tumilty L et al. Oral tyrosine supplementation improves exercise capacity in the heat. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2011 Dec;111(12):2941-50. doi: 10.1007/s00421-011-1921-4.
- Attipoe S et al. Tyrosine for Mitigating Stress and Enhancing Performance in Healthy Adult Humans, a Rapid Evidence Assessment of the Literature. Mil Med. 2015 Jul;180(7):754-65. doi: 10.7205/MILMED-D-14-00594.
- Jongkees BJ et al. Effect of tyrosine supplementation on clinical and healthy populations under stress or cognitive demands--A review. J Psychiatr Res. 2015 Nov;70:50-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jpsychires.2015.08.014.
- Rasmussen DD et al.Effects of tyrosine and tryptophan ingestion on plasma catecholamine and 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1983 Oct;57(4):760-3. doi: 10.1210/jcem-57-4-760.
Long time user.
I have been using spike for over 10 years. Started with the yellow pills, which I liked better. Love the 0 calorie boost in the am. VERY upset that my favorite flavors are no longer offered (grape & watermelon (?) - have been gone so long I may have forgotten the flavors! Use it religiously. Highly recommend.
T Nation Biotest Store
Thanks for being a fan of Spike for so long, Steve! We do hope to bring back the additional flavors in the future once supply chain issues stabilize.
Strawberry lemonade was great, very tasty and good energy.
Great taste good energy it seems a little different than before
We love this stuff!
We love this energy drink! It really works and it tastes great without a lingering aftertaste. We do wish that it was still available in smaller sizes but the 16oz will have to do.
Couldn't find it at 7-11 anymore
Found this product at 7-11 about 2 years ago and purchased it all the time. Dont know why its no longer available in store. I love it. Its like rocket fuel, it gives you a crazy boost. Blue is the best flavor, ive tryed them all.