T NATION - We Only Make What We want to Take
Biotest's Superfood contains 18 potent whole-food extracts of non-GMO berries, fruits, and vegetables freeze-dried and concentrated into a tiny 5-gram serving. Based on USDA standards, you'd need 10-12 servings of high-quality berries, fruits, and veggies to match Superfood's power to neutralize free radicals. Superfood also contains an array of phytonutrients chosen for their unique health benefits:*
18 potent Whole-Food Extracts of Non-GMO
- Inflammation fighting, heart healthy polyphenols*
- Vision protective lutein*
- Metabolism and immunity boosting EGCG*
- Prostate protective lycopene*
- Estrogen-fighting indoles*
Superfood provides these potent health-promoting ingredients:
Superfood's mix of 18 non-GMO fruits, berries, vegetables, and greens provides highly beneficial nutrients in mega-doses impossible to get in even the most well-planned diets. The superfood powder is complete with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, polyphenols, antioxidants, lutein, lycopene, EGCG, anthocyanins, diosgenin, ellagic acid, glucosinolates, phenolic acids, sulforaphane, and more.* Learn More
Servings Size About 1 Scoop (2.5 g)
Servings Per Container 60
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 2 g 1%†
Total Sugars 1 g ‡
Superfood Formula 2.5 g ‡
Raspberry (20% Ellagic Acid), Wild Blueberry (1.5% Anthocyanin), Strawberry, Green Tea Extract [95% Polyphenols, 40% Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG)], Orange (20% Vitamin C), Dragon Fruit, Maqui, Mango, Coffee Fruit Extract (50% Phenolic Acids), Wild Yam (20% Diosgenin), Goji Juice, Kale, Tomato, Broccoli Sprout (5000 ppm Sulforaphane), Spinach (700 ppm Lutein), Apple, Acai Juice (1.5% Phenolic Acids), Pomegranate (40% Ellagic Acid)
† Percent Daily Value based on a 2000 calorie diet.
‡ Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Rice Flour, Corn Starch, Sunflower Lecithin.
All you need is one small serving per day. Superfood is a highly-concentrated powdered supplement with a mild natural flavor, much like an unsweetened berry tea. It can be used in a number of ways:
- Stir into water or juice.
- Add to protein shakes, smoothies, or workout drinks.
- Stir into oatmeal or yogurt.
- Add to pancake or waffle mixes, muffin recipes, chili dishes, and just about anything else.
- Bahramsoltani R et al. The preventive and therapeutic potential of natural polyphenols on influenza. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2016;14(1):57-80. doi: 10.1586/14787210.2016.1120670.
- Michael B et al. Human coronavirus OC43 3CL protease and the potential of ML188 as a broad-spectrum lead compound: Homology modelling and molecular dynamic studies. BMC Structural Biology. 2015;15:#8.
- Vázquez-Calvo A et al. Antiviral Properties of the Natural Polyphenols Delphinidin and Epigallocatechin Gallate against the Flaviviruses West Nile Virus, Zika Virus, and Dengue Virus. Front Microbiol. 2017;(8):1314.
- Cuevas et al. Modulation of Immune Function by Polyphenols: Possible Contribution of Epigenetic Factors. Nutrients. 2013 Jul; 5(7): 2314–2332.
- Galland MD L. Doctor offers coronavirus protection advice. Fox 10 Phoenix. March 24, 2020.
- Jagieta GC et al. 'Spicing up' of the immune system by curcumin. J Clin Immunology, 2006 Jan;27(1):19-35.
- Le Sage V et al. Adapting the Stress Response: Viral Subversion of the mTOR Signaling Pathway. Viruses. 2016 Jun;8(6): 152.
- Mathew D et al. Antiviral potential of curcumin. Journal of Functional Foods. 2018 Jan;40:692-699.
- Mounce BC et al. Curcumin inhibits Zika and chikungunya virus infection by inhibiting cell binding. Antiviral Research. 2017 Jun;142:148-157.
- Nakayama M et al. Inhibition of the Infectivity of Influenza Virus by Tea Polyphenols. Antiviral Res. 1993 Aug;21(4):289-299.
- Teymouri M et al. Curcumin as a multifaceted compound against human papilloma virus infection and cervical cancers: A review of chemistry, cellular, molecular, and preclinical features. Biofactors. 2017 May6;43(3):331-346.
- Ting D et al. Multisite Inhibitors for Enteric Coronavirus: Antiviral Cationic Carbon Dots Based on Curcumin. ACS Publications. 2018 Sep 12.
- Jo S et al. Inhibition of SARS-CoV 3CL Protease by Flavonoids. J Enzyme Inhib Med Chem. 35 (1), 145-151, Dec 2020.
- Zorofchian S et al. A Review of Antibacterial, Antiviral, and Antifungal Activity of Curcumin. Biomed Research International. Volume 2014, Article ID 186864.
- Yang ZF et al. Comparison of in Vitro Antiviral Activity of Tea Polyphenols Against Influenza A and B Viruses and Structure-Activity Relationship Analysis. Fitoterapia. 93, 47-53, Mar 2014.
- Rodriguez-Mateos A et al. Circulating anthocyanin metabolites mediate vascular benefits of blueberries: insights from randomized controlled trials, metabolomics, and nutrigenomics. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A, 2019.
- Yu J et al. The Effect of Diet on Improved Endurance in Male C57BL/6 Mice. Nutrients 2018, 10(8), 1101.
- Vendrame S et al. Wild blueberry consumption affects aortic vascular function in the obese Zucker rat. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 2013.
- Blueberries may inhibit development of fat cells. Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology. April 11, 2011.
- Dastmalchi K et al. Edible Neotropical Blueberries: Antioxidant and Compositional Fingerprint Analysis. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2011.
- Wang D et al. Fruit and Vegetable Intake and Mortality. Circulation. 2021;143:00-00.
Mixes easily in a shaker. Tastes like nutrition.
In this day and age, at my age, I'm always looking fir something that might help boost my health and if possible, slow down the aging process. I can't say if I've noticed any change, but I do have various doctors apps with labs coming up, that will be the test. It can't do any harm.
Enjoy the taste and I believe it is helping with my sleep and my overall energy levels/ health the more I use it. I prefer mixing in my post workout protein shake, it has helped with recovery.
Great products, great service!
I’ve used their products for quite a few years and have always been impressed with the quality.
I've been with T-mag since 1999 and I had to make a new account when you changed your format. Is there a way for me to have access to my old account under the new format? User name Tri217
If I run out of superfood I feel less than 100%. Great stuff. Keeps my body from feeling run down.
I tried to add this to a shaker with my protein shake and it was a clumped disgusting mess. I need to blend it up in a smoothie and try it again so i can give it a good go.
Been using Superfood for several years, and helps fill in the gaps with my nutrition. Easy to digest , tastes great and enhances my training.
New formula is great
New is better. Tastes great added to my vanilla protein shake.
I love this supplement. All high quality ingredients with no grasses, algae or spirolina. No artificial sweeteners either which is great. Mixes easy in a shaker bottle. This and Biotest’s mineral formula are my new ‘multivitamin’.
Really helps me when feeling under the weather
Product Is Great - Packaging Is Horrible !!!
When asked how my experience was/is using the item, I can't separate the amount of frustration experienced with the packaging from the positive of the superfood itself... It really is almost enough to keep me from buying it again and same goes for the Metabolic Drive packaging, in fact, that's even worse because the powder isn't as fine as the superfood and that makes using the "resealable" bag even more impossible. I realize that we're paying top dollar for top quality supplements but I also know how much packaging costs....How about saving a few bucks, passing that savings on to us and just ship the stuff in bags and the consumers since we're having to pour it into our own containers either way ! ...end of rant...but you asked for my "experience"...
Taste bad but I don't use it for it's taste.
Better than a multi.
Better than a multi-vitamin and you can take it up to twice a day.
The taste is not special but nothing I cannot handle. My biggest concern or issue is it does not dissolve easily. I prefer to add it to water and drink rather than put it in a protein smoothie. Thanks.
The new formula doesn't have the same taste as the old, but I still like it in my morning shakes. One thing of note, you state that one scoop is now 2.5 grams, but the scoop size did not change. I thought the scoop in the old formula was 5 grams? Nonetheless, I like the product.
So Far So Super
Admittedly my wife and I don't eat enough fruits & veggies. After a week or so of taking it daily both my wife and I felt a noticeable increase in energy. I mix mine with water and beet powder and it's palatable, wife mixes hers with flavored collagen and says she can't taste it. I decided to give it a long term trial & signed up for a delivery every 45 days.
This stuff doesn't taste as sweet as the old formula. I still hate the zipper bag, it's messy and just doesn't seal well especially when it gets powder in it. Mixes fine.
Gave me an energy boost just as I needed it.
Needs a flavor upgrade!
I like the packaging ,but I hate the taste! It’s not so bad mixed in my protein powder . But with water it tastes like dirt. I’ll still buy it but please, there must be some way to keep it healthy and improve the flavor!
You may also like
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.