The Proven Benefits of Z-12*
- Helps you fall asleep faster, usually within 15 minutes.*
- Allows you to get a deeper, more replenishing night of sleep with no "hangover" effect that's common with other non-prescription or prescription sleep aids.*
- Helps your body and mind relax. It calms stress and curbs the anxieties that often prevent restful sleep.*
- Is safe and non-addictive. Your body does not develop a tolerance. It works the first time and every single time after that.*
- Contains not just one but three sleep-inducing ingredients: PhGABA
- L-Theanine, and 5-HTP.*
Finally... A Good Night's Sleep
Nothing aids performance, physical or mental, more than a good night's sleep. And nothing hurts performance more than a poor night's sleep.
For years, doctors have told us that sleeplessness results from depression, neurosis, or some other underlying psychological pathology. But there's evidence to suggest that we've got it backward, that sleeplessness leads to depression, in addition to other mental problems.
Almost half of adults report having sleep difficulties. Either they have trouble falling asleep or the sleep they do get is restless and non-replenishing ¬– they sleep but wake up feeling like they haven't.
Sleeplessness takes its toll in the gym, in business, and in health. Obviously, rest is crucial. Now there's something you can do to get it every night.
Z-12 – The Ultimate Sleep Formula
Z-12 contains three ingredients to give you the best night of sleep of your life:*
PhGABA is a derivative of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. When we're stressed, our brains experience an uninterrupted flow of stimulatory neurotransmitters and this causes restlessness, irritability, and insomnia.*
GABA, and compounds related to it like the PhGABA in Biotest's Z-12, inhibit the flow of these stimulatory neurotransmitters, thereby allowing the brain and body to relax. PhGABA not only acts like GABA, but it also causes the release of GABA for a one-two sleep-inducing punch.*
There have been several studies on PhGABA and many of them have compared the compound to Valium, which has pronounced anxiety-reducing properties, and the nootropic compound piracetam, which has weaker anxiolytic properties.*
In parts of Europe, the compound is used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder and of course insomnia. Double-blind studies found the compound to increase intellectual function and reduce fatigue. While it's not commonly known as a performance-enhancing supplement, PhGABA has been shown to improve work capacity.*
PhGABA is an amazingly safe compound with no known negative side effects. In fact, it's even been found to have cardioprotective properties. The plasma half-life of a 250-mg dose of PhGABA is 5.3 hours, and most of the compound is excreted unchanged.*
5-HTP is a naturally occurring amino acid that's a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin, which is implicated in sleep and general feelings of well-being. When blood levels of 5-HTP are high, it causes the brain's serotonin-producing neurons to increase production.*
Furthermore, 5-HTP may actually "reset" or normalize the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. In addition to helping the body adapt better to stress, this resetting effect also helps PhGABA and L-theanine to keep on working without allowing the user to develop tolerance.*
L-Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea. Due to it promoting brain alpha-wave function, L-theanine facilitates a calm, relaxed mental state. Studies suggest it increases brain serotonin and GABA levels, along with perhaps being both a neuroprotective agent and a cognitive enhancing agent.*
Take Z-12 If You...
- Can't normally relax, de-stress and fall asleep within 15 minutes.*
- Are able to fall asleep but can't stay asleep, or you wake up in the morning and don't feel rested and refreshed.*
- Have tried other sleep aids but didn't get the results you were looking for, developed a tolerance and the other sleep aids stopped working, or you didn't like the side effects of the other products.*
- Travel and have trouble sleeping in a new bed.*
- Have a big day the next day where you need to be rested and clear-minded, like the night before an exam, a job interview, or athletic meet.*
- CNS Drug Rev. 2001 Winter;7(4):471-81. Phenibut: a tranquilizer and nootropic drug. Lapin I.
- Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2001 Aug;281(2):G311-5. Receptors and transmission in the brain-gut axis: potential for novel therapies. IV. GABA(B) receptors in the brain-esophageal axis. Blackshaw LA.
- Farmakol Toksikol. 1985 Jul-Aug;48(4). Differences and similarity in the interaction of fenibut, baclofen, and diazepam with phenylethylamine. Lapin IP.
- Pavlov J Biol Sci. 1986 Oct-Dec21(4):129-40. On neurotransmitter mechanisms of reinforcement and internal inhibition. Shulgina GI.
- Farmakol Toksikol. 1989 Jul-Aug;52(4):37-9. Effect of fenibut on seduxen on fetal development in the second half of pregnancy. Filimonov, VG, et al.
RECOMMENDED USE: Take 2-4 capsules on an empty stomach 30 minutes prior to bedtime, or whenever desiring a calm, relaxed state. To determine the ideal dose, begin with two capsules per day and increase by one capsule per day (up to a maximum of four) until achieving the desired effect. Never exceed four capsules per day. To keep the body sensitive to the effects, do not take more than once per day.
WARNING: Do not take with alcohol. Do not take if you are pregnant or breast feeding, elderly or under the age of 18, chronically ill, or taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including but not limited to antidepressants (such as MAO inhibitors and serotonin reuptake inhibitors), allergy medications, and medications for cardiovascular conditions. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.