Only Elite Supplements for Elite Athletes
Turmeric curcumin is arguably the most effective natural inflammation fighter and heart-health supplement. Biotest's Micellar Curcumin® formula contains solid lipid curcumin particles that produce 95 times more free curcumin in the bloodstream than highly pure, standardized curcumin with piperine (Gota VS et al, 2010).* The formula's solid lipid curcumin particles are backed up with convincing science, invented by neuroscientists at UCLA, funded by the University of California (Oakland) and the Federal Government, and supported by peer-reviewed research on humans patented (9,192,644).*
Potent Inflammation Fighter*
& Exercise Soreness*
& Neurological Health*
- Delivers 95 times more active curcumin into the bloodstream than piperine formulas*
- Promotes a healthy inflammatory response*
- Supports cardiovascular health*
- Protects brain and neurological health*
- Supports healthy carbohydrate metabolism*
Absorb 95X More Curcumin*
Medical researchers have had a longtime interest in curcumin for its positive effects on inflammatory response, neurological health, and cardiovascular health. But the frustrating problem has always been its poor bioavailability. Curcumin isn't soluble in the gastrointestinal tract, making it difficult to absorb, and it's vulnerable to something called glucuronidation, which converts curcumin into what amounts to inactive waste.
An example of curcumin's poor bioavailability is a study where patients were given a whopping 3.6 grams of ordinary curcumin a day (about 7 capsules). Even at those large doses, detectable blood and liver levels of free-form curcumin were almost non-existent (18).
There is a solution for optimal curcumin uptake. Research shows solid lipid curcumin particles (lipidized curcumin) produce 95 times more free curcumin in the bloodstream than highly pure, standardized curcumin (Gota VS et al, 2010)**
Micellar Curcumin® Lipidized Turmeric Extract
Micellar Curcumin® lipidized turmeric extract is a highly bioavailable, potent curcumin for inflammation management and cardiovascular health.* Research shows it produces 95 times more curcumin in the bloodstream than highly pure, standardized formulas with piperine.* Learn More
Other Ingredients: Rice flour, hypromellose (vegetable capsule), rice hull concentrate, L-leucine.
- Take one or two capsules once per day with food.
Is the curcumin in Biotest's Micellar Curcumin and I-Well the same special type and dose?
Yes, the Micellar Curcumin™ and I-Well™ supplements both contain solid lipid curcumin particles (lipidized curcumin), the kind with 95 times greater absorption. Both formulas also provide 400 mg of lipidized curcumin per dose. Micellar Curcumin™ comes in a 60 day supply. I-Well provides a 30 day supply but also contains three additional potent immune support compounds: beta-1,3-glucan, microencapsulated Vitamin D3, and EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate).
- Gota VS et al. Safety and pharmacokinetics of a solid lipid curcumin particle formulation in osteosarcoma patients and healthy volunteers. J Agric Food Chem. 2010 Feb 24;58(4):2095-9. doi: 10.1021/jf9024807. ABSTRACT: Curcumin is the lipid-soluble antioxidant compound obtained from the rhizome of Curcuma longa Linn, also known as turmeric. Curcumin targets multiple chemotherapeutic and inflammatory pathways and has demonstrated safety and tolerability in humans, supporting its potential as a therapeutic agent; however, the clinical literature lacks conclusive evidence supporting its use as a therapeutic agent due to its low bioavailability in humans. The purpose of this study was to quantify plasma levels of free curcumin after dosing of a solid lipid curcumin particle (SLCP) formulation versus unformulated curcumin in healthy volunteers and to determine its tolerability and dose-plasma concentration relationship in late-stage osteosarcoma patients. Doses of 2, 3, and 4 g of SLCP were evaluated in 11 patients with osteosarcoma. Plasma curcumin levels were measured using a validated high-performance liquid chromatography method. The limit of detection of the assay was 1 ng/mL of curcumin. In healthy subjects, the mean peak concentration of curcumin achieved from dosing 650 mg of SLCP was 22.43 ng/mL, whereas plasma curcumin from dosing an equal quantity of unformulated 95% curcuminoids extract was not detected. In both healthy individuals and osteosarcoma patients, high interindividual variability in pharmacokinetics and nonlinear dose dependency was observed, suggesting potentially complex absorption kinetics. Overall, good tolerability was noted in both healthy and osteosarcoma groups.
- Cox KHM et al. Further evidence of benefits to mood and working memory from lipidated curcumin in healthy older people: A 12-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled, partial replication study. Nutrients. 2020 Jun 04. 12(6): 1678. doi: 10.3390/nu12061678. ABSTRACT: A partial replication study by researchers at Swinburne University reveals [lipidated curcumin] improves aspects of mood, memory, and working memory in a healthy older cohort. The pattern of results is consistent with improvements in hippocampal function and may hold promise for alleviating cognitive decline in some populations. This study examined a similar population with slightly elevated cognitive abilities, while eliciting similar results to the first clinical published in 2014 - see Cox KH et al, 2014.
- Esfahani K et al. A phase I open prospective cohort trial of curcumin plus tyrosine kinase inhibitors for EGFR-mutant advanced non-small cell lung. J Clin Oncol. 2019. 37(15_suppl): e20611-e20611. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2019.37.15_suppl.e20611. ABSTRACT: This study further provides evidence that short-term use of Longvda® curcumin in patients is feasible and safe. Researchers report high treatment adherence and improved quality of life with curcumin. These findings, as well as efficacy data and the effect of curcumin on other inflammation-associated biomarkers, warrant investigation in a larger phase 2 study.
- Scholey A et al. Curcumin improves hippocampal function in healthy older adults: A three month randomized controlled trial. Poster Presentation in: 13th European Nutrition Conference - Malnutrition in an Obese World: European Perspectives (FENS). Dublin, Ireland. 2019: P3-01-02. ABSTRACT: Additional results confirm that [lipidated curcumin] improves aspects of mood, memory, and working memory in a healthy older cohort. The pattern of results is consistent with improvements in hippocampal function and may hold promise for alleviating cognitive decline in some populations.
- Scholey A et al. A highly bioavailable curcumin extract improves neurocognitive function and mood in healthy older people: A 12-week randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial (OR32-05-19). Current Dev Nut. 2019 Jun. Poster Presentation. Volume 3(Issue Supplement 1): nzz052.OR32–05–19. doi: 10.1093/cdn/nzz052.OR32-05-19. ABSTRACT: Previously, researchers at Swinburne University showed significant improvements in measures of memory, attention, fatigue, stress, and mood (Cox KH et al, 2015). This trial was a follow up to the results previously seen in 1 and 3 hrs and in 4-weeks. The results of this second trial further confirm that a single daily dose of 400mg of [lipidated curcumin] improves aspects of mood and working memory in healthy older adults, with measures at 12-weeks.
- Gupte PA et al. Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of capsule solid lipid curcumin particles in knee: A pilot clinical study. J Inflamm Res. 2019. 12: 145-152. doi: 10.2147/JIR.S205390. ABSTRACT: A comparative examination of (solid lipid curcumin particles) showed that administration was not only faster-acting and safe, but had equal efficacy to the control.
- Koronyo, Y et al. Retinal amyloid pathology and proof-of-concept imaging trial. JCI Insight. 2017. 2(16). doi: 10.1172/jci.insight.93621. ABSTRACT: A proof-of-concept retinal imaging trial showing increased fluorescent intensity in retinal amyloid deposits and the highest brain concentrations of free curcumin obtained with [lipidated curcumin]. This trial confirmed one more time the ability of [lipidated curcumin] to deliver free curcumin to targeted tissues, more specifically the brain and retina, and to support cognitive and complete neuronal health. *Winner of NutraIngredients-USA Nutrition Research Project of the Year 2019 for ground-breaking initiatives as "most innovative and impactful nutrition research project pushing the boundaries of nutritional science." Read more here.
- Santos-Parker JR et al. Curcumin supplementation improves vascular endothelial function in healthy middle-aged and older adults by increasing nitric oxide bioavailiability and reducing oxidative stress. Aging. 2017 Jan. 3. Vol 9(No1): 187-208.
- McFarlin et al. Reduced inflammatory and muscle damage biomarkers following oral supplementation with bioavailable curcumin. University of North Texas. BBA Clinical. 2016 Feb 18. 5: 72-78. doi: 10.1016/j.bbacli.2016.02.003. ABSTRACT: Collectively, the findings demonstrated that consumption of [lipidated curcumin] (400mg/day) reduced key inflammatory biomarkers during recovery after exercise-induced muscle damage (EIMD). The observed improvements in biological inflammation may translate to faster recovery and improved functional capacity during subsequent exercise sessions.
- Santos-Parker JR et al. Curcumin supplement improves vascular endothelial function in middle-aged and older adults. Geront. 2015 Dec. 55(Suppl 2): 195. doi: 10.1093/geront/gnv554.01. ABSTRACT: [Lipidated curcumin] administered at a dose of 2000mg/day (n=16), or placebo (n=13) for 12 weeks increased brachial artery flow-mediation dilation (FMDba) by 34% and forearm blood flow in response to incremental brachial artery infusions of acetylcholine (FBFach) by 44% in middle-aged and older (MA/O) adults (45-74 yrs). Findings support supplementation with [lipidated curcumin] improves endothelial-dependent dilation (EDD) in MA/O adults mediated, in part, by an increase in nitric oxide bioavailability.
- Rafii MS et al. The biomarker initiative DSBI pilot: Proof of concept for deep phenotyping of biomarkers. Front Behav Neurosci. 2015. 9: 1-11. ABSTRACT: Retina, being part of the CNS, has previously been difficult to analyze directly; however, retinal amyloid imaging could now be a tool to demonstrate the presence of plaques in the brain in a non-invasive manner. In line with previous findings, this study supports [lipidated curcumin] quickly labeling retinal beta amyloid and inducing fluorescent plaque in the neural layers of the retina of humans.
- Cox KH et al. Investigation of the effects of solid lipid curcumin on cognition and mood in a healthy older population. Centre for Human Psychopharmacology, Swinburne University. J Psychopharmacol. 2015 May. Vol 29(No 5): 642-651. doi: 10.1177/0269881114552744. ABSTRACT: This landmark study is one of the first to show a curcumin supplement improves cognitive function in healthy subjects. The trial recruited 60 subjects aged 60-80, and found daily [lipidated curcumin] (400mg) supplementation led to significant improvements in cognitive function versus the placebo group. Excellent safety was reported, including no dropouts or reports of gastrointestinal upset. Significant improvements were observed in measures for memory, attention, fatigue, stress, and mood in as little as one hour after the first dose.
- Hazarey VK et al. Efficacy of curcumin in the treatment for oral health – A randomized clinical trial. Government Dental College and Hospital. Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. J Oral Maxillofac Pathol. 2015. 19: 145-52. doi: 10.4103/0973-029X.164524. ABSTRACT: A randomized, controlled clinical trial in 30 clinically diagnosed patients with OSF concluded that [lipidated curcumin] lozenges could be effective in combination strategies for the management of OSF in comparison to single therapeutic modality. In this study, 15 OSF patients in each group (test & control) were treated with either [lipidated curcumin] lozenges (400 mg lozenges for total daily dose of 2 g) or Tenovate ointment (clobetasol propionate (0.05%)). The treatment was given for 3 months and follow-up was done for 6 months.
- Machida N et al. Effects of Solid, Lipid Curcumin Particles on alcohol metabolism - An expiatory and a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group crossover study. Jpn Pharmacol Ther. 2020 Apr. 48(5): 867-873. ABSTRACT: This study further provides evidence that [lipidated curcumin] curcumin is safe and efficacious. Previously examined in 2014, and recently published, researchers report reduced side effects typically associated with alcohol consumption and suggest that [lipidated curcumin] may offer liver health support through the acceleration of ethanol and acetaldehyde metabolism.
- Frost S et al. Retinal amyloid fluorescence imaging predicts cerebral amyloid burden. Alz Dement. 2014. 10(4): P234-P235. ABSTRACT: Retinal Aβ plaques are similar to plaques in the brain. [lipidated curcumin's] ability to cross the BBB and its affinity for binding to amyloid beta have led to its use as a novel, more cost-effective alternative and imaging tool for screening through the eyes.
- DiSilvestro et al. Diverse effects of a low-dose supplement of lipidated curcumin in healthy middle-aged people. The Ohio State University. Nutr. J. 2012 Sep 26. 11(79). doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-11-79. ABSTRACT: This study is believed to be the first curcumin trial in healthy people to show improvement in a number of key biomarkers related to healthy aging. Randomized, placebo-controlled study in 39 subjects showing excellent safety as well as significant improvements in markers supporting cognitive health, cardiovascular health, and anti-aging versus placebo.
- Khattry N et al. Curcumin decreases cytokine levels involved in mucositis in autologous transplant setting: A pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic study. Poster presented at 54th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annul Meeting. Atlanta, GA. 2012 Dec 08. Blood. 120(21): 3039. ABSTRACT: The absorption and efficacy of [lipidated curcumin] in lozenge form in a common oral inflammatory and fibrotic condition was tested compared to the standard of care (clobetasol steroid ointment). Subjects taking [lipidated curcumin] observed improvements in endpoints significantly better than those receiving steroid treatment; and therapeutic plasma levels were detected through buccal absorption.
- Shah et al. Acute human pharmacokinetics of a lipid-dissolved turmeric extract. Planta Med. 2012. 48-PH5. ABSTRACT: This study concluded that a dose as low as 200mg of [lipidated curcumin] reaches blood levels of free curcumin required for healthy brain aging. Analyzed blood samples with and without the use of glucuronidase enzyme, finding very little of the glucuronidated form compared to previous studies on curcumin.
- Pharmacokinetics of [lipidated curcumin]: Dose-concentration correlation. Unpublished, UCLA 2011-2012. ABSTRACT: Pilot studies demonstrating absorption and metabolism of [lipidated curcumin] using various dosage forms.
- Gota et al. Safety and pharmacokinetics of a solid lipid curcumin particle formulation in patients and healthy volunteers. Tata Memorial Cancer Centre. J Ag Food Chem. 2010. 58(4): 2095-2099. ABSTRACT: Human bioavailability study demonstrating significantly greater plasma levels of free (unconjugated) curcumin after a single dose of [lipidated curcumin] in both healthy and disease states with 65x greater Cmax and >100x greater AUC than 95% curcuminoids.
- [Lipidated curcumin] binds to amyloid in human CNS after a single dose. Unpublished.
- A phase 1 open-label prospective cohort trial of curcumin plus tyrosin kinase inhibitors for EGFR-mutant advanced NSCLC. McGill U & Jewish General Hospital, Canada, Ongoing.
Great taste and makes a difference
Outstanding. Excellent web site to order from and i believe the product does make a difference in my athletic performance.
This Curcumin is fantastic
I’ve been taking this Curcumin for about a year. I really believe it helps with my inflammation issues. I have recommended it to many friends for the same reasons. All have had positive experiences as well.
So far, it has been satisfactory.
I felt less pain in my neck and knees after only a few days taking this. Almost finished my first bottle and very happy with the product.
Keeping an open mind
Everything hurts, my hope is that this will help relieve some of the discomfort. Gopd times.