Micellar casein is an undenatured milk protein microfiltered to remove whey, fat, and carbohydrate. It's slow-digesting and the superior protein for sustaining protein synthesis, building muscle, and stimulating metabolism for losing fat.* Micellar casein provides excellent flavor and mouth-feel to shakes.*
- Fuels muscle gains and recovery*
- Boosts protein synthesis*
- Stimulates metabolic rate, and fat loss*
- Fortifies immune function*
Micellar casein is a casein composed of molecules called micelles. These micelles are natural globular structures in milk and are composed of all five casein milk proteins (alpha, beta, gamma, delta, and kappa).
Micellar casein is slower digesting than whey, making it superior for maintaining nitrogen balance. And it delivers significantly higher concentrations of leucine in the bloodstream, making it highly anabolic.
Micellar casein is also the only protein proven anticatabolic in lab studies (Boire, 1997), meaning it increases protein synthesis and helps prevent muscle breakdown during and after intense exercise.
As you might guess, micellar casein is expensive to make and costs more than most other proteins.
- Boirie Y et al. Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1997 Dec 23;94(26):14930-5. doi: 10.1073/pnas.94.26.14930.