What Is Whey Protein Isolate?
Whey protein isolate is often used for peri-workout nutrition because it's a top source of fast-acting essential amino acids. It has most of the lactose (carbohydrate) and fat filtered out, making it ideal for jumpstarting protein synthesis and the body recomposition process.*
Benefits of Whey Protein Isolate
- Supplies fast-acting essential amino acids*
- Jumpstarts protein synthesis*
- Fortifies immune function*
What You Need to Know About Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate is a fast-acting protein used to jumpstart protein synthesis. Whey protein also contains immunoglobulins, which are proteins that boost immunity.
Whey isolate is gently membrane-filtered to minimize lactose, carbohydrate, and fat, then instantized for superior dispersibility. It's ideal for jumpstarting the muscle-building process and retains some immunoglobulins.
Products Containing Whey Protein Isolate
Research on Whey Protein Isolate
- Hayes A et al. Effect of whey protein isolate on strength, body composition and muscle hypertrophy during resistance training. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2008 Jan;11(1):40-4. doi: 10.1097/MCO.0b013e3282f2a57d.
- Duarte NM et al. Intake of whey isolate supplement and muscle mass gains in young healthy adults when combined with resistance training: a blinded randomized clinical trial (pilot study). J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2020 Jan;60(1):75-84. doi: 10.23736/S0022-4707.19.09741-X. Epub 2019 Sep 23.
- Pal S et al. Effects of whey protein isolate on body composition, lipids, insulin and glucose in overweight and obese individuals. Br J Nutr. 2010 Sep;104(5):716-23. doi: 10.1017/S0007114510000991. Epub 2010 Apr 9.